One of the most important factors to any company’s success is the strength and skill level of its workforce. Vermillion Rise Mega Park is located on the Indiana-Illinois border drawing the best from both states. Indiana is also a right-to-work state.
Locally, job preparation begins in high school. Wabash River Career and Technical Education District (WRCTE) provides vocational training to students throughout Vermillion County. In addition to a number of other programs, WRCTE offers courses in welding, manufacturing, machining, new and emerging automation, and computer technology.
Many students from local and regional high schools continue their education at one of the higher education institutions within the Indiana-Illinois region:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Wabash (Terre Haute, IN)
- Ivy Tech Community College-Parke County Learning Center (Rockville, IN)
- Indiana University School of Medicine (Terre Haute, IN)
- Indiana State University (Terre Haute, IN)
- Harrison College (Terre Haute, IN)
- Purdue University
- Purdue University Extension
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (Terre Haute, IN)
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College (Terre Haute, IN)
- Wabash College (Crawfordsville, IN)
- Danville Area Community College (Danville, IL)
- University of Illinois (Champaign, IL)
- Eastern Illinois University (Charleston, IL)
Examples of our workforce development include:
- WorkOne Region 7, which offers employer services to help train and qualify Indiana’s workforce and assist businesses in hiring qualified employees.
- The Workforce Certification Center of Ivy Tech Community College, which educates students in some of Indiana’s top industry sectors, and is willing to partner with Vermillion Rise Mega Park to provide tenant companies a trained workforce, particularly in advanced manufacturing.
- Ready Indiana, the Indiana Chamber of Commerce’s workforce education initiative, which provides assistance to Indiana employers to find and/or develop a skilled workforce through training programs and providers, funding and incentives, materials and resources and professional development opportunities.